Young Investigator Award & Travel Subsidy
These Trainee Awards recognize the scientific work of talented trainees. CSATVB Young Investigator Awards will consist of $500-$750/each Trainee Award which will depend on the number of students applying and a certificate will be presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) / CSATVB Annual Meeting in Vancouver 2017.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA:
The applicant must be:
- Be in attendance at the annual CSATVB scientific meeting, and actually present, as first author, a poster/talk detailing the submitted abstract. With the trainees in attendance, abstracts will be judged by a CSATVB committee, who will rank the applications.
- CCC abstracts are to be submitted through the on-line Canadian Cardiovascular Congress registration system: Deadline May 2nd, 2017 (do not forget to indicate, in your submission, your affiliation with CSATVB).
- A trainee who is enrolled in a recognized program such as MD, residency, fellowship, MSc, PhD, post-doctoral fellowship (within three years of receiving his doctoral degree), at a Canadian university
- A trainee who has applied for membership to CSATVB by May 1, 2017 and is in good standing.
- The supervisor supporting an application for an award must already be a regular CSATVB member in good standing.
- New regular members are nominated at each October Annual General Meeting. A member is recognized as being in good standing when current dues have been paid prior to May1st.
- A maximum of two eligible trainees per lab will receive travel subsidies.
- Trainees must meet all the criteria to be eligible for the Young Investigator Award and the Travel Subsidy.
CSATVB YIA & TRAVEL SUBSIDY APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 16h30, May 2nd, 2017
- Where to Apply: CSATVB website-YIA Abstract Form http://www.csatvb.ca/forms/add_form.aspx
- Evaluator: The CSATVB Education Committee Chair
- Award Announcement: Mid July 2017 by email
- Applicant and supervisor must coordinate application. Identification of a supervisor is required for MSc and PhD students but not for a postdoctoral fellow.
- A copy of at least one abstract already submitted to the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress CCC for the 2017 meeting in Vancouver. The appropriate box on the CCC online application must be ticked as CSATVB member to be considered for the award and the travel subsidy.
- The supervisor, if attending the CCS/CSATVB meeting, must also be registered as a CSATVB member in good standing.
- In order to receive a reimbursement after the annual meeting, the trainee must submit travel receipts to the Treasurer, Dr. Stephanie Lehoux (check back for address), prior to the 1st of December 2017. Submission of late reimbursement requests will not be accepted. Please note that missing receipts or photocopies instead of originals will not be accepted.
- $500-$750/Trainee Award, which will depend on the number of students applying
CCC Conference Registration;
- Registration for the CCC congress showing early registration fee as "MEMBER IN TRAINING" for post-doc fellows or "FULL TIME STUDENT" for MSC and PhD students.
- The CCC official receipt for registration showing that the trainee was registered as CSATVB member.
- Registration as member of another participant society is not sufficient.
- For travel within Canada (APEX fare), Economy (excursion) airfare are obtained for tickets bought early in advance.
- The ORIGINAL airline ticket (back page of the airline ticket), or the ORIGINAL boarding pass with an electronic ticket showing the name of the traveler, the flight schedule, dates of flights and financial details including taxes (photocopies will be returned to the applicant).
- Between airport and hotel in the city where the annual meeting is held (ground transportation includes taxi, bus shuttle or the equivalent).
- Ground transportation (train, bus or car) could also be reimbursed up to the equivalent of economy airfare. However, ORIGINAL receipts for car rental, gas or ground transportation must be submitted. A reimbursement of 0.41$ / km could be allocated for someone using his personal car.
- Please note that ground transportation will not be reimbursed for a participant trainee living in the city area where the annual meeting is held.
- Up to three hotel nights (to a maximum 150$ per day).
- If staying more than three days, photocopy of the hotel invoice may be submitted to obtain a reimbursement for this three-day accommodation.
- Two-day meals (to a maximum of 30$ per day) and free lunches are being offered at the Congress.
For questions or concerns please contact the Education Committee Chair (email@example.com) or Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)