Young Investigator Travel Subsidy Award for the 2019 Canadian Lipid and Vascular Summit in Banff (October 3-6, 2019)
These Trainee Awards recognize the scientific work of talented trainees. CSATVB Young Investigator Travel Subsidy Awards will consist of up to $500/trainee. The award is meant to offset registration/travel/accommodation costs to attend the 2019 CSTAVB annual meeting at the Canadian Lipid and Vascular Summit in Banff (October 3-6, 2019).
Travel Subsidy Awards will be presented to the top CSATVB trainee abstracts as ranked by the CSATVB Annual Meeting Committee.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA:
The applicant must be:
- Be in attendance at Canadian Vascular and Lipid Summit, and present, as first author, a poster/talk detailing the submitted abstract.
- Abstracts are to be submitted through the on-line website (www.lipoprotein.ca).
- A trainee who is enrolled in a recognized program such as MD, residency, fellowship, MSc, PhD, post-doctoral fellowship (within three years of receiving his doctoral degree), at a Canadian university
- A trainee who has applied for membership to CSATVB for 2019 and is in good standing.
- The supervisor supporting an application for an award must already be a regular CSATVB member in good standing.
- A maximum of two eligible trainees per lab will receive travel subsidies.
- Trainees must meet all the criteria to be eligible for the Young Investigator Award and the Travel Subsidy.
CSATVB YIA & TRAVEL SUBSIDY APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Submit abstract on www.lipoprotein.ca
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 16, 2019 (midnight)
- Indicate CSATVB trainee on the lipoprotein abstract submission site
- Evaluator: The CSATVB Education Committee Chair
- For travel within Canada, Economy airfare.
- The ORIGINAL boarding pass with an electronic ticket showing the name of the traveler, the flight schedule, dates of flights and financial details including taxes (photocopies will be returned to the applicant).
- Between airport and hotel in the city where the annual meeting is held (ground transportation includes taxi, bus shuttle or the equivalent).
- Ground transportation (train, bus or car) could also be reimbursed up to the equivalent of economy airfare. However, ORIGINAL receipts for car rental, gas or ground transportation must be submitted. A reimbursement of 0.41$ / km could be allocated for someone using his personal car.
- Please note that ground transportation will not be reimbursed for a participant trainee living in the city area where the annual meeting is held.
- Up to $275 for students (Graduates & PDF)
- Keep a copy of your online receipt generated from the lipoprotein.ca website
- Up to three hotel nights (to a maximum $175 per day).
- If staying more than three days, photocopy of the hotel invoice may be submitted to obtain a reimbursement for this three-day accommodation.
In order to receive a reimbursement after the annual meeting, the trainee must submit travel receipts to the Treasurer, Dr. Stephanie Lehoux (email@example.com) by (TBA). Submission of late reimbursement requests will not be accepted. Please note that missing receipts or photocopies instead of originals will not be accepted.